How Keywords can change everything…
Here’s a quick breakdown of the video:
- 00:39 — Our Discovery process – where we research out topic and do our initial walkthrough.
- 01:50 — How to use research to brainstorm 5 keywords that will guide every other decision you make going forward.
- 02:33 — Keyword examples from Jess & Brian’s wedding feature.
- 03:15 — Keyword examples from I’m Fine, Thanks documentary.
- 04:01 — Keyword examples from Pulse, our feature on BioBeats.
- 05:20 — Conducting pre-interviews to finalize which people will add the most to our story.
- 06:53 — Case study on Kelly Moore’s adoption story – how we used pre-interviews to choose characters.
- 07:47 — How to scout your places to finalize which locations will add to your film.
- 09:15 — Case study of Old Skool Cafe – where we choose to film our main interview (and why).
- 10:08 — Brainstorming beginning, middle, and ends that will eventually make up your plot.
- 11:05 — Case study of AT&T: My Journey campaign – how we created tension and chose our journey.
- 11:38 — Summary of importance of keywords and what’s coming in the next tutorial.
This video details, with example, one of the most important factors that helps us tell unique, compelling stories.
It may seem like a lot of work up front – and it is – but it pays off big time (as you’ll start to see in the next videos).
Parts 3 and 4 coming next week!…
Remember, at the end of the series, we’ll be combining forces with Vimeo to issue a community wide challenge to YOU.
We’ll have two more videos next week, and the challenge starts next Friday.
It’s going to be amazing!
Have you ever used Keywords to help guide your decision making process?
Do you take the time to do pre-interviews, scouting, and brainstorming your plot before hand?
Let us know what you think about Part Two!