#standwithme Street Team
#standwithme has been a life changing experience for everyone involved. We have gone through incredible swings through discovering for ourselves the disturbing truths about slavery happening across the globe. However, we have come to find solace in knowing that those who choose to devote their energy to something that matters — CAN successfully bring positive change to those who are suffering.
It’s been an emotional and draining experience, but of all the challenges in making this film, the greatest one lies ahead of us is getting it out there and sharing it with the world.
Between February 1st and April 8th, 2014, Stillmotion will be traveling to 30 cities across the United States and Canada to premiere the film and also conduct a one-day workshop.
It’s called the Storytelling With Heart Tour.
The tour is happening alongside the premiere of our new feature-length film, #standwithme.
In every city we’ll premiere the film, and the following day we’ll hold a one-day intensive filmmaking workshop on the WHY and HOW of telling stories with heart. Often the hardest thing about filmmaking is telling stories that you actually love, the way you think they should be told.
We took a lot of risks making #standwithme, and it was all for the purpose of telling a story we knew just had to be told.
Now we’re taking it on the road, and we need your help.
CLICK HERE TO SEE THE TOUR SCHEDULE
Here’s how you can help…
We’re looking for:
(1) #standwithme Street Team Coordinator for the following cities:
Kansas City, MO
New Orleans, LA
Street Team Coordinator
#standwithme Street Team Coordinators act as our on the ground point person for each city. The roles of a Street Team Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
- Distribution of promotional materials (posters, info cards…etc)
- Outreach to photography and film stores in your local market (ex. calling your camera rental shop and asking them to place info cards onto the counters)
- Outreach to photography and film groups in your local market (ex. meeting the leader of your local documentary film club and filling them in about the workshop)
- Support for social media initiative including weekly Tweets and Instagrams (ex. this week we’d love you to Instagram a photo of an item from your grocery store with a fairtrade logo)
- Production support during the film premiere
- Setup and breakdown assistance for workshop
- Estimated time commitment = 25 hours
Perks of being a Street Team Coordinator:
- Unconditional gratitude for knowing you too took time and energy to support a cause bigger than anyone person could accomplish alone
- Early online screening of pre-released version of #standwithme
- Dinner with the production team
- (2) complimentary tickets to the film premiere
- (1) complimentary admission to workshop
- Educational gift pack including our entire educational DVD collection, KNOW: Field Guide to Filmmaking, and #standwithme swag kit
Interested in becoming one of our Street Team Coordinators? Click here to apply